Today's news selection contains the latest real estate related stories. Do you own a real estate/property/finance blog or news site? Send the URL to [email protected] so our editors can use them as sources.
The resale market for non-landed private homes felt the effects of the cooling measures last year with prices marginally higher while the transaction number crashed, flash figures noted yesterday.
Overall prices rose 1.7 per cent with all areas registering increases.
The prime core central region was up 1.5 per cent, the rest of the central region or city fringes rose 0.6 per cent and the outside of central region by 2.3 per cent.
A total of 9,017 resale, non-landed private homes were sold last year, 27.4 per cent lower than in 2018, according to the estimates from SRX Property.
Ms Christine Sun, head of research and consultancy at OrangeTee and Tie, said 2018's stronger volume was mainly driven by a higher number of homes sold in the first half of the year before the cooling measures were implemented in July.
Freshest news from Singapore’s property market
- Developers sell 538 private homes excluding ECs in Dec, down 53% m-o-m: URA
- Rents for private non-landed homes and HDB flats rise in December 2019 from a year ago
- Singapore condo resale volume shrinks 27.4% in 2019: SRX
- Citizens from new markets among buyers of top condos here
- Grade A office rents to see slowest growth in four years
- MIT buys 10 data centres in North America for $750.1m
- Condo resale prices rose 1.7% in 2019
- Chart of the Day: Average home sizes could grow to 920 sqft in 2021
Must-read if you live in Singapore
- Fewer COEs for February-April period
- Case launches site to compare fuel prices across brands
- MOE kindergartens open for online registration on Feb 7
- Insurance firms tap into big data for new products
- At least 10 flights between Singapore and Manila affected
- Things to do: What’s on this week
- 35 Cool & Fun Things To Do In Singapore
Open House tips
- Tips for a Successful Open House
- Tips for Preparing for an Open House
- Top Selling Agents Explain How to Do an Open House Right
- Open house tips for first-time buyers
- 6 Insider Tips for a Successful Open House
Bar in your Home
- Stunning Home Bar Design Ideas
- 7 Essentials for Your Perfect Bar Cart
- 30 Chic Home Bar Ideas That'll Make You Want to Throw a Party
- 71 Awesome Home Bar Ideas!
- 20 Colorful Home Bars with Personality
Previous news selection
About Agent.sg Daily Property News Selection
Agent.sg's Daily Property News Selection brings you the most important property market news in and around Singapore. We list the best articles on real estate development, property investment and on the property listing market on a daily basis - whoever stays out, misses out.
If you also want to share an amazing article that you come across and it fits in the real estate / economy topics, just let it us know in e-mail. We don't guarantee to publish all, but we will some of them for sure. If you want us to bring out your own article, please contact us at [email protected]. Some references would also be highly welcome to send us from among your previous publications.
Are you looking for some online distribution channels? You find one. Haven't you found a place for your traditional means of advertisement, like PR article or display banner? You've never been so close, just e-mail us at [email protected] and our colleague will get in touch with you.