Today's news selection contains the latest real estate related stories. Do you own a real estate/property/finance blog or news site? Send the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org so our editors can use them as sources.
Home prices rose overall last year but slower economic growth and tough cooling measures meant they struggled to match 2018's more buoyant pace.
Prices advanced by 2.5 per cent last year compared with a 7.9 per cent jump in 2018, data showed yesterday.
The steam certainly went out of the market late last year, with prices edging up just 0.3 per cent from the third to the fourth quarter following a far more robust increase of 1.3 per cent from the second quarter to the third.
Analysts say the slower pace of price rises is in tandem with the year-end holiday season and shows there is no excessive exuberance in the residential market.
Meanwhile, public housing owners finally have something to cheer about. The prices of Housing Board resale flats rose by 0.4 per cent in the final three months of 2019 compared with the third quarter, in what was the largest quarter-on-quarter increase last year, the latest public housing figures show.
Based on flash estimates, there was no change in resale flat prices for the whole of last year, according to HDB, which released the data yesterday. This means prices were stable compared with the full-year price drop of 0.9 per cent in 2018 over 2017.
Yesterday's Urban Redevelopment Authority flash data also showed that overall private home price gains were driven by landed homes.
Values in this segment rose 4 per cent from the third to the fourth quarter, after gaining 1 per cent in the previous quarter.
Real estate related news stories from Singapore
- 930,000 Singaporean households to receive GST voucher for utilities
- Extending its golden touch to Singapore’s luxury property market
- Owning a home is everyone's dream, says SingHaiyi exec
- Slowing pace of Singapore private residential price growth indicates 'stabilised' environment - Colliers
- Kim Heng Offshore & Marine to incur impairment loss of $6.5 mil in proposed sale of Penjuru Road property
Asian property news round up
- Chinese developer offers discounts for apartments
- Mainland Developer Dumps Chairman Amid Police Investigation
- Mitsubishi Estate Said Doubling Overseas Property Fund to $9B
- Real estate retains second position in FDI attraction
- Property Insight - the only in-depth and research - based informational channel in Vietnam
Laundry room Ideas
- 17 Laundry Room Ideas to Make It the Most Functional Room in Your Home
- 23 Laundry Room Ideas That Make Folding a Lot Less Tedious
- 25 Gorgeous and Functional Laundry Rooms
- 75 Beautiful Laundry Room Pictures & Ideas
- 39 Clever Laundry Room Ideas That Are Practical and Space-Efficient
Previous news selection
About Agent.sg Daily Property News Selection
Agent.sg's Daily Property News Selection brings you the most important property market news in and around Singapore. We list the best articles on real estate development, property investment and on the property listing market on a daily basis - whoever stays out, misses out.
If you also want to share an amazing article that you come across and it fits in the real estate / economy topics, just let it us know in e-mail. We don't guarantee to publish all, but we will some of them for sure. If you want us to bring out your own article, please contact us at email@example.com. Some references would also be highly welcome to send us from among your previous publications.
Are you looking for some online distribution channels? You find one. Haven't you found a place for your traditional means of advertisement, like PR article or display banner? You've never been so close, just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our colleague will get in touch with you.