Today's news selection contains the latest real estate related stories. Do you own a real estate/property/finance blog or news site? Send the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org so our editors can use them as sources.
Hotel operations accounted for 82% of the drop in revenue.
City Developments Limited (CDL) saw its profit attributable to shareholders plummet 99.1% YoY in H1 to $3.15m from $361.96m in H1 2019, a local bourse filing stated. The prolonged COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the group’s performance across its business segments.
Revenue for H1 similarly crashed 32.8% YoY to $1.1b from $1.6b over the same period, no thanks to the decline across all business segments with hotel operations accounting for 82% of the drop in revenue. In constant currency, the group’s global hotel revenue per available room (RevPAR) fell by 56.6% to $60.3 from $139.1m in H1 2019. Its global occupancy also dropped to 39.4% from 72.2% over the same period.
As at 30 June, 28% of the group’s 152 hotels worldwide were temporarily closed and those that remained open were operating at much lower occupancies than before.
Freshest Property News from Singapore
- JTC tests devices to aid safe distancing at three worksites
- Ascott converts some apartments into work suites
- UOL's H1 reverses to S$82.1m net loss due to Covid-19 impact
- Condo owners should go easy in exercising penalty clauses during Covid-19: MOM
- Pent-up demand lifted Singapore's residential market
Interesting Stories Related Singapore
- Singapore's telecom, travel and leisure sectors face dividend uncertainty: IHS Markit
- Singapore stocks fall at Friday's open; STI down 0.6%
- ST Engineering H1 profit slips 4.4% as aerospace, electronics hit by pandemic
- The restaurants with the best views of Singapore
- The best things to do online and offline this weekend (Aug 13-16)
How To Install Laminate Flooring
- How to Install Laminate Flooring
- Pro Tips and Tricks for Installing Laminate Flooring
- INSTALLING LAMINATE FLOORING FOR THE FIRST TIME
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring
- 8 Steps for Installing Laminate Flooring
How To Choose Solar Panels
- Selecting solar panels: how to compare quality of solar equipment
- How do I choose my solar panels? Guide to choosing your solar equipment
- How to Choose Solar Panels
- How to Choose a Solar Panel
- SOLAR PANELS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Previous news selection
Are you an aspiring writer and especially interested in real estate? Become a Guest Blogger here, on Agent.sg. Choose a topic which suits your field of expertise and our profile as well, then create your blog post and send it to our email address email@example.com. For more information, visit our Guest Blogging Subpage.
About Agent.sg Daily Property News Selection
Agent.sg's Daily Property News Selection brings you the most important property market news in and around Singapore. We list the best articles on real estate development, property investment and on the property listing market on a daily basis - whoever stays out, misses out.
If you also want to share an amazing article that you come across and it fits in the real estate / economy topics, just let it us know in e-mail. We don't guarantee to publish all, but we will some of them for sure. If you want us to bring out your own article, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some references would also be highly welcome to send us from among your previous publications.
Are you looking for some online distribution channels? You find one. Haven't you found a place for your traditional means of advertisement, like PR article or display banner? You've never been so close, just e-mail us at email@example.com and our colleague will get in touch with you.